8 Day India Golden Triangle Tour
Your Our Holiday Deal exclusive deal includes:
- DAILY BREAKFAST
- ENGLISH SPEAKING TOUR GUIDE
- SIGHTSEEING & ENTRANCE FEES
READ MORE about your bonus Our Holiday Deal Extras
YOUR NRMA OUR HOLIDAY DEAL INCLUDES:
- International airfares & taxes with full-service carrier including 20kg checked luggage
We’ll get you to and from your holiday with no troubles – all you need to do is pack your bag and make your way to the airport! Enjoy return flights & taxes with a full-service carrier included in the price!
- 6 nights accommodation in standard hotel accommodation
Enjoy a total of 6 nights accommodation staying in standard hotels during your tour. Your accommodation is sorted as you make your way through India!
- Daily breakfast
Feast on a delicious breakfast every day when you pull up a seat for breakfast during your tour. For more information check out the itinerary.
- Jeep ride to the Red Fort, Jaipur
Discover Jaipur in a unique way! Travel by Jeep to the top of the Amer Fort in Jaipur. Learn about the history and sights of the regions courtesy of your tour guide.
- All transfers
The last thing you want to do on your holiday is stress about how you’re going to get from A to B in India. With us, you won’t have to worry! Enjoy transfers on us this holiday!
- Air-conditioned transportation
Get around in total comfort! Enjoy air-conditioned transportation when touring India this holiday as you see the sites without breaking a sweat!
- All sightseeing and entrance fees
There’s no need to go digging through your pockets for entrance fees this holiday, we’ve got you covered! We’ve included all your sightseeing & entry fees mentioned in the itinerary so you can focus on your tour and savour the beauty of India!
- English-speaking tour guides
Don’t miss out on a thing when you visit India this holiday! Your tour includes English-speaking tour guide(s).
- Visit India’s vibrant capital city, Delhi, colourful Jaipur and iconic Agra
- Explore winding streets in Delhi’s historical old town by cycle rickshaw
- Experience the wonder of sunrise at the Taj Mahal, Agra
- Wander pristine gardens with pools perfectly reflecting the Taj
- Visit the imposing red Agra Fort
- Wander ancient palaces and plazas in Fatehpur Sikri, deserted nearly 500 years ago
- Visit the remarkable 1000 year-old Chand Baori ‘step well’, on route to Jaipur
- Take a full day guided tour of beautiful Jaipur in Rajasthan
- Take a jeep to magnificent Amber Fort and view it’s famous Sheesh Mahal –mirrored room
- Admire outstanding Mughal and Rajput architecture in the sprawling City Palace
- Optional tipping: Tipping is recommended and appreciated in India but not mandatory. Budget 300-600 rupees (approx $5-10) per person per day for drivers, guides and service people.
- India visa (required)
- Personal expenses
- Optional entry fees and taxes not mentioned in this itinerary
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. Please ask your travel consultant for discounted travel insurance options.
From $1599*pp ex Sydney
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT PRICE
Single supplement available $220. Based on a Sydney departure in a low season standard accommodation
PURCHASE AND BOOK BY
29 February 2020
Day 1: Australia – Delhi (In-flight Meals)
Depart from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth today. Upon arrival into New Delhi, a tour representative will meet you at the airport and escort you to check-in to the hotel. Note: Due to flight times and scheduling, some customers may be required to depart the day before (Day 0).
Day 2: Delhi (B)
This morning after breakfast, join your experienced local guide on an exciting half day tour of Delhi. Visit historic Jama Masjid and drive past the Red Fort. Experience the narrow winding lanes best traversed by cycle-rickshaw; they house some of the oldest trading establishments and inhabitants of the Old City.
Later, drive past the Rashtrapati Bhavan (Presidential Palace) and the secretariat buildings, the impressive Rajpath and World War I memorial arch; the India Gate. Later visit Delhi’s most beautiful monument; the Humayun’s Tomb. On the way back to the hotel, notice the contrasting architectural styles, introduced by colonial rulers, mirroring styles from across Europe and adapted to India.
Day 3: Delhi to Agra (approx. 235km). (B)
After breakfast at the hotel this morning, view the changing landscape from your comfortable air-conditioned coach to Agra, home of the magnificent Taj Mahal. After checking in, relax or explore in your own time for the rest of the day.
Day 4: Agra (B)
Start the day with a sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal. The stunning mausoleum immortalized the name of Shah Jahan’s last wife Mumtaz Mahal, “light of the palace”. Built by artisans from neighbouring Islamic countries as well as India, it is aptly described by the poet laureate Tagore as “A tear on the face of eternity”. Decorated with a mosaic of semi-precious stones and Persian calligraphy recreating verses from the Koran, the mausoleum is an important place of pilgrimage as the empress died in childbirth, making her a martyr. At dawn the marble structures glow and gently change colour as the sky brightens.
After returning to the hotel to freshen up and for breakfast, visit mighty Agra Fort. Richly decorated with marble and mosaic, it was in part of this fort-palace that Shah Jahan, who built the Taj Mahal in homage to his wife, spent the last years of his life, imprisoned by his son. The quarters where he was confined have a magical view of the Taj Mahal across the river Yamuna. Enjoy free time to wander the intriguing streets and lane ways of Agra’s old city.
Day 5: Agra – Fatehpur Sikri & Abhaneri – Jaipur (approx. 245kms) (B)
The tour departs for Jaipur after breakfast this morning. Just 40kms outside Agra, stop to wander the deserted plazas and streets of Fatephur Sikri, built by the Mughals in the 15th century and abandoned within 20 years due to a lack of the water, the ornate buildings and palaces are remarkably well preserved, they offer a somewhat eerie insight into the grandeur of the Mughal Empire at its peak.
After lunch (not included), the tour will stop briefly in Abhaneri, the otherwise unassuming regional town is home to a stunning stepwell; Chand Baori. Its ornate, symmetrical and strikingly narrow stepped walls were constructed over 1000 years ago and remain in excellent condition. The day concludes on arrival into Jaipur, look out for the effect of the setting sun on the city’s pink walls as you enter.
Day 6: Jaipur (B)
Spend today exploring the ‘Pink City’ and its historical significance in the region. Start at magnificent Amber Fort, strategically positioned on a hilltop, home to vast halls and the famous entirely mirrored room ‘Sheesh mahal’.
In the afternoon visit the sprawling City Palace, a superb marriage of Rajput and Mughal architecture. The seven storied Chandra Mahal (Moon Palace) is a sprawling complex with multiple courtyards, public buildings, astronomical observatory and zenana mahals (harems). From the City Palace you enter the extraordinary “Jantar Mantar”, an astronomical observatory built in 1827. Instruments resembling massive futuristic structures are actually highly sophisticated instruments which are accurate even today.
Finally, drive though the busy streets for a photography stop at Hawa Mahal, the ornate pink façade an icon of the city. The five storied high ‘screen’ composed of projected windows and balconies protected by fine latticed screens, was designed to enable the ladies of the harem to observe the lively street scenes of the city from a position of privacy.
Enjoy free time this evening.
Day 7: Jaipur – Delhi Approx 270kms – – Australia (B, In-flight Meals)
After breakfast, depart Jaipur for your drive through Rajasthan to Delhi airport and your flight home.
Day 8: Arrive Home
HOTEL ACCOMMODATION (or similar)
3-4 star (self rated) hotels
- Delhi: The Piccadilly Hotel, Janakpuri (Standard Room) or similar
- Agra: Howard Plaza The Fern, Fatehabad Road (Deluxe Room) or similar
- Jaipur: Park Regis, Amer Road (Deluxe Room) or similar
Upgraded 4-5 star (self rated) hotels
- Delhi: Radisson Blu, Dwarka (Superior Room) or similar
- Agra: Crystal Sarovar Premiere (Deluxe Room) or similar
- Jaipur: Ramada Hotel, Raja Park (Deluxe Room) or similar
POST-TOUR EXTENSION: 4 Day Explore Rajasthan: Pushkar & Jodhpur
- $555 per person twin-share
- $140 solo supplement
- $610 per person twin-share
- $230 solo supplement
- Visit Pushkar, the picturesque holy town, circling the banks and ghats of Lake Pushkar
- Explore Pushkar’s excellent markets and rustic antique stores
- Travel in AC comfort across the desert to Jodhpur, the ‘Blue City’
- Take a guided tour of fascinating Jodhpur
- Visit towering Mehrangarh Fort and overlook the city far below
- 1 night in Pushkar & 2 nights Jodhpur hotel accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- 1 domestic flight from Jodhpur to Delhi
UPGRADE TO PREMIUM ACCOMMODATION
4-5 star (self rated) hotels
Upgrade to premium accommodation available $100 per person
- Delhi Home Cooking Demonstration (min group size 2) $45pp
- Kingdom of Dreams (Delhi) Bollywood Dinner & Show (min 2) $165pp
- Taj Mahal viewing from Mehtab Bagh 16th Century Gardens $28pp
- Jaipur by Night – Walking Tour (minimum of 2) $50pp
- Anokhi Museum of Hand Printing $8pp
$150 per person plus airfare difference
- A break free for early arrivals, stay behinds or stopovers is collected for any deviations from the set dates and group tickets.
- Transfers and hotels are not included for arrivals and departures outside of the set group arrangements.
- Additional collection for any airfare difference may apply.
2020 TRAVEL DATES
- 01, 08, 15, 22 (SOLD OUT), 29 May
- 05 June
- Selected dates from 01 May – 12 June 2020
Please see the Departures tab for full details.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All prices are subject to change and AUD per person twin-share unless otherwise specified.
- A passport valid for 6 months beyond trip completion is a strict requirement of travel. It is your responsibility to ensure all information submitted on the booking form is exactly matched only to a valid passport, including full names and passport numbers. You are liable for all fees due to invalid passports or the provision of inaccurate, incomplete or outdated passport information.
- If your passport is expired or has insufficient validity, please submit your full name, gender and date of birth only, and write “TBA” for passport number and expiry. Do not submit expired or invalid passport information. It is your responsibility to submit updated passport information accurately to Ignite Travel as soon as you receive it.
- Ignite Travel will use the information submitted on your booking form as the final source of truth to process your booking including issuing air, train and cruise tickets. You are solely liable for all reissue fees due to absent, inaccurate or outdated information.
- A tourist visa is strictly required for Australian and most other nationalities travelling to India. Please request your preliminary tour documentation to begin your visa application no earlier than 8 weeks before departure. It is your responsibility to check all requirements with your local consulate, embassy or visa centre.
- Each person is entitled to a strict maximum of one checked bag not exceeding 20kg, plus one carry-on bag not exceeding 7kg. However, you are strongly encouraged to pack lightly below these limits, as you will be required to carry your own bag between the coach and hotel rooms, and to and from any other transport, while travelling to multiple cities and hotels.
- Electronic documentation including e-tickets are generally emailed within two weeks of departure of your core tour, irrespective of early departures, pre-tour extensions or stopovers.
- The default full service carrier included in your package will be provided when you receive your final documentation. Example default carriers include: Malaysian, Thai, Singapore and Qantas airlines, or similar.
- Please contact your travel consultant at the time of booking for premium economy and business class upgrade quotes.
- All flights or airfare related fees and costs are due immediately upon confirmation by cash payment. Frequent flyer points redemption is not permitted.
- Pre-set airline meals can be requested at the time of booking (or no later than one week before departure) and is subject to availability.
- All flights may involve up to two transits.
- The indicative itinerary and its order are subject to change based on local conditions and as we see fit to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the tour.
- The indicated length of trip includes time in flight and is subject to change depending on the prevailing flight schedule to be provided when you receive your final documentation.
- Tipping is recommended and appreciated in India but not mandatory. Budget 300-600 rupees (approx $5-10) per person per day for drivers, guides and service people.
- Reference hotels are listed and may be substituted with properties of a similar standard. Final hotels will be provided when you receive your final documentation. All hotel ratings are self-rated locally. All rooms are lead-in type. Triple-share is available in the form of extra bedding.
- This tour is not suitable for persons under 12 years old. There is no discount for children, however a triple share room may be requested, by subject to availability.
- All costs and fees are fully non-refundable at all times.
PASSENGER INFOMATION CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS
- All amendments and changes are subject to a $150 fee per person, per change. Amendments and changes requested within 60 days of departure for travel will incur a $350 fee per person, per change.
- Minimum 10 passengers required to operate, maximum 30 passengers per vehicle.
- Optional programs are subject to availability, time and weather permitting, and prepayable in AUD at the point of purchase. Some tours require minimum numbers to operate. Non-participants must wait at the venue for the group to conclude the activity.
- It is a condition of booking that you must always remain with the tour group and guide for the entirety of the tour. Any departure or deviation from the set tour itinerary is strictly prohibited. Penalties including cancellation of remaining accommodation and other arrangements will be enforced.
- A ‘break fee’ for early arrivals, stay behind or stopovers is collected for any deviations from the set dates and group tickets. Transfers are not included for arrivals and departures outside of the set group arrangements.
- Group transfers are at designated times. Transfers outside designated group arrangements incur additional costs. No refunds are provided for unused transfers.
- Foreign visitors are not permitted to bring Indian Rupees into the country. Therefore, exchanging some rupees on arrival at Delhi airport is advisable. Local currency will be expected for optional programs, tipping, shopping and expenses of a personal nature. (If Currency Exchanges are not open on arrival, ATMs are plentiful in Delhi, ask your tour guide for assistance).
- Travel insurance is mandatory. Please contact your travel consultant for a quote on discounted insurance.
- All trip costs and fees are fully non-refundable at all times.
- All efforts must be made to resolve issues on tour with the tour leader. Formal complaints must be submitted within 14 days of tour completion.
- Special meals are generally not available on tour. Please notify your guide of any special dietary requirements. Certain meals can be requested for the flights at the time of booking, subject to availability.
- A basic level of fitness is required for partial days of brisk walking with intermittent breaks. This tour is not suitable for people requiring assistance or walking aid.
WEATHER IN DELHI AND RAJASTHAN
- High Season (Dec–Feb), Expect pleasant daytime temperatures, averaging a daytime low of 18 degrees, but can be colder at night.
- Shoulder Season (Sep–Nov, Feb & Mar) has mild weather and temps between average low 18 and average high 33 degrees centigrade.
- Low Season (Apr–Aug); By April it’s warming up and June is very hot (expect daily temps frequently over 30 degrees), leading up to the monsoon, which brings the rain in July and August.
- The pricing, terms and conditions listed herewith shall prevail in the case of any ambiguity or contradiction with other terms.